[wp-hackers] Removing edit theme files features

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Jan 16 07:44:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:41 AM, Almog Baku <almog.baku at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys!
> Isn't it the time to remove this amateur feature of editing themes files
> online.
>
> This feature doesn't behave as excepted and designed very old fashion so it
> pretty remind me 99' features(phpnuke style!)...
>
> What do you think?

Quite a few people tinker with their themes this way. Many WordPress and
PHP developers
started this way. Many users — who don't pretend to know a lick of PHP —
are able to hack
around their templates (not just their CSS) to make changes to their sites.

We shouldn't remove it. We should make it _better_.

Nacin