[wp-hackers] WordPress plugins SVN server malfunctioning?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jan 15 20:09:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Justas Butkus <jbutkus at time.ly> wrote:
> But to apply this on a general basis - that's a drastic approach.

Look, use whatever works for you. No problem. I use various
environments for various projects, and I change between them
frequently.

But at the same time, don't say that other people are doing-it-wrong
when they use whatever works for them. All I said was that you don't
need version control to "get work done". Emphasis was intended to be
placed on "need" in that sentence. I personally don't need version
control to write code. Maybe you do.

Hell, sometimes I write code in a Putty shell window using vim on a
remote server without even the benefit of syntax highlighting. Why?
Because I don't always need all those bells and whistles all the time.
Works fine for me.

-Otto