[wp-hackers] POSTing a file via wp_remote_post

David Anderson david at wordshell.net
Fri Jan 11 15:56:52 UTC 2013

> A certain someone will pipe up saying this isn't efficient for large
> files, and it isn't, but it'll certainly work if you want to stay
> within the current constraints of WP_HTTP / wp_remote_post().

Hi,

Thanks for your response... there's some helpful stuff for me in there...

Unfortunately my need is for very large files (it's a backup plugin,
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/updraftplus). Unlimited size; can't
be read into memory.

Having spent more time looking at the WP_HTTP code, its seems clear that
it can't be done. For now I'll either have to stick with with Curl only,
or consider rewriting the WP_HTTP classes.

David

--
WordShell - WordPress fast from the CLI - www.wordshell.net