[wp-hackers] Plugin conflicts with latest version of Jetpack

Mike Schinkel mike at newclarity.net
Wed Jan 2 19:04:43 UTC 2013

On Jan 2, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Jeff Morris <wp-hackers at zipsbazaar.co.uk> wrote:
> Real-net experience:
>
> Just about any eCommerce site I click on from the top of a G SERPS takes an age to load because it's so bloated, but that didn't stop them getting up there.

Quoting from the Google link I provided:

Speeding up websites is important — not just to site owners, but to all Internet users. Faster sites create happy users and we've seen in our
internal studies that when a site responds slowly, visitors spend less time there.

So while eCommerce sites may be slow I assume you are not saying that's an ideal to strive for. And that brings us back to the question of best practices for loading externals in a plugin.

> Kitchen Sink Syndrome:
>
> Take a look at the source of just about any popular WP plugin. See how well it's segmented. Not.

With almost 23k plugins in the repo, it's hard to know which you refer to and which techniques you take issue with.  Specifics would be more helpful.

-Mike