[wp-hackers] Can we get some codex updates about new media panel?

Ünsal Korkmaz unsalkorkmaz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 19:12:13 UTC 2013

With WordPress 3.5, media panel started to use backbone.js.
It seems so nice and powerful but it need advanced javascript knowledge.
I believe %99 of WordPress developer community is new to backbone.js and
there is not much guide for newbies. ( Or maybe i couldnt find )
Codex dont have any API explanation or something for backbone.js and sadly
all old filters/actions are just not supporting in wp3.5
like attachment_fields_to_edit (didnt try adding new field. just tried to
remove default ones)
An example:
http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/87677/wp3-5-media-gallery-edit-modal-change-captions-to-title
This question was normally simple with old panel but its nearly impossible
for me at the moment.
Can we get some codex updates about new media panel?