[wp-hackers] don't send email after install

Kurt Payne kpayne+wordpress+hackers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:11:55 UTC 2013

Victor,

Try creating an mu-plugin with this code:

// Don't send out the "your new WordPress site" e-mail
add_filter( 'wp_mail', 'cancel_new_site_email' );

/**
 * Don't send the welcome e-mail
 * @param type $args
 * @return array
 */
function cancel_new_site_email( $args ) {
	if ( __( 'New WordPress Site' ) === $args['subject'] ) {
		$args = array(
			'to'          => '',
			'subject'     => '',
			'message'     => '',
			'headers'     => '',
			'attachments' => array()
		);
	}
	return $args;
}

That should prevent the new install e-mail from going out.

--Kurt