[wp-hackers] Child plugins (add-ons) (Dino Termini)

Mike Schinkel mike at newclarity.net
Sat Feb 16 22:32:45 UTC 2013

On Feb 16, 2013, at 5:09 PM, David Anderson <david at wordshell.net> wrote:
>> Interesting conversation.  Would you mind elaborating on those specifics?  I'm trying to envision what code is need for what you are saying.
>>
>> -Mike
>
> The specifics of the updating mechanism?
> <snip>

Wow, thanks for all the details.

I now realize I should have been more clear what I was asking.  I was specifically interested in know what you meant about "without breaching wordpress.org rules on remote code" and what you did to stay within the rules?

That also implies a question as to what the rules actually are? I haven't seen anything listed on any of these links:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/guidelines/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/faq/

> It was far more code + complexity than I realised when I started!

Lol!  Isn't it always?  I have a project where my hindsight was similar.  :)

-Mike