[wp-hackers] Missing postmeta after 3.6 upgrade

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Tue Aug 6 18:17:58 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Josh <joshua.sibelman at gmail.com> wrote:

> So that worked. What I did was export the WP database, import it into a
> new schema, deleted all post revisions with their respective postmeta, and
> then updated wp-config.php to point to the new schema. That fixed the
> problem of the vanishing postmeta.
>
> To me this sounds like a bug with the new revision system, but the Codex
> suggests getting feedback before opening a ticket by emailing this list,
> among other things.
>
> Anyone have feedback about filing this as a ticket?

Steps to reproduce would be great. Deleting data is a critical bug and
deleting postmeta is also highly noticeable, yet this is the only report
I've seen, despite 1.5 million downloads and the 3.6 codebase having been
running on WordPress.com for months.

I'm not saying it isn't happening to you, I'm just saying it's certainly
not happening for everyone, so we'd need to figure out why.

Andrew