[wp-hackers] WordPress Maturity (was)Re: hate

Marko Heijnen mailing at markoheijnen.nl
Tue Apr 30 19:20:22 UTC 2013

If it's benefit an user indirectly it still benefit the user. Deployment is easy to talk about but in the next releases WordPress has other things to fix first. Not saying it isn't important but there are other priorities.

CPT is a bad example. That was really needed. I can't say 80% but it was a lot. People used Posts/Categories to manage flows. And as said the 80% rule isn't always used.
See a fresh new API for themes and Image handling. Indirectly they benefit from it but hard to say how.

The example of posts relationship is also something that is a bad example. A lot of people want to include that in core but still a lot of things to be dealt earlier. See the amount of open tickets. Adding features does not reduce that.

Also it's lame to attack me personally without mentioning of tickets. Obviously you will find more tickets that I say that it should be closed then it should be opened. Also I almost never use +1 in tickets.
Also it is my opinion about how people using it and I can be wrong. That doesn't mean that I can't tell my opinion about it. That would be lame.
And as far as my memory goes you mean 1 particular ticket that you disagreed on. And in the end it got closed because more people agreed on that.

You can store objects in an option. Smart thing or not but going the JSON road would limit that. JSON is damn handy for data transfer and on public API level it's used for almost everything.
That said I don't play that much with options and fine in how it is.

Marko

Op 30 apr. 2013, om 20:44 heeft Mike Schinkel <mike at newclarity.net> het volgende geschreven: