[wp-hackers] jQuery conflict in 3.6

Luke Bryan lukebryan at sharefaith.com
Wed Apr 24 01:12:42 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I've been testing Wordpress 3.6, and I noticed a conflict with the
jQuery dialog css:

When you run this script from a wp-admin page such as the post-editing
page, the dialog is behinds its own shadow, and never lets you click
the close button:

var msg = '<div>hello</div>';
jQuery(msg).dialog({ draggable: false, resizable: false, modal: true });

The css that causes this is in
/wp-includes/css/jquery-ui-dialog.css?ver=3.6-beta1-24067:

.ui-widget-overlay {
z-index: 300001;

and

.ui-front {
z-index: 100;

Is this a bug in Wordpress or jQuery-ui? Or should I be giving a
special class to my dialogs and adjusting z-index accordingly?

Best regards,
Luke