[wp-hackers] Sidebar video widget w/ its own sharing buttons?

Patty Ayers patty at ayersvirtual.com
Fri Apr 19 14:03:45 UTC 2013

Hello,

I think this is on-topic for this list. If not, my apologies and please
ignore.

I've produced a simple WordPress site for a client using a theme based on
the Genesis framework.

http://womenadvancenc.org

My client has a request which I'm pretty certain requires custom coding,
and I'm a PHP novice. Can anybody give me a sense of what it would take to
provide what she wants?

In the right sidebar, I've set her up with a plugin (Video Sidebar Widget)
which allows her to easily place a video in the space near the top. What
she wants is buttons just beneath the video allowing people to share the
video on their social-media accounts (probably 3-4 different soc media
platforms).

The sharing buttons embedded in almost all YouTube, Vimeo, etc. videos
aren't satisfactory for this client; she wants the buttons separate from
the video. The current video is not a publicly-shared one, so bad example
of this, but they plan to post lots of "viral videos" which will typically
be publicly-available and shareable.

Thanks very much in advance for any advice on this.
Best,
Patty Ayers