[wp-hackers] Category permalinks issue

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Tue Sep 4 20:09:18 UTC 2012

On 4 September 2012 20:53, Dmitry Tokmakov <dmitry at getmoxied.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm having the issue with category permalink and pagination as well.
>
> 1. My problem is that wordpress generates category permalink in wrong way:
> I'm getting http://example.com/categoryname instead of
> http://example.com/category/categoryname.
> Does anyone familiar with issue like that ?
>
> 2. Pagination doesnt works as well:

> trying to access it i'm getting 404 page.

WordPress never generates category links like that.

The likelihood is that you have a plugin (or possibly a theme) making that
change. Some SEO plugins will remove he category prefix.

Try disabling your plugins one by one and testing to see whether it fixes
things. If the plugin is particularly badly behaved you may need to save
the permalink settings after de-activating each plugin.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/