[wp-hackers] 3.5 and attachment_fields_to_edit (custom fields for media)

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 12:31:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

A plugin of mine
(http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/developers-custom-fields/)
involves adding custom fields to media attachments via the
attachment_fields_to_edit hook. It looks like this method is broken in
the current beta of 3.5 due to moving media editing to post.php.

Has anyone worked with this / posted about it? I've looked through the
Trac ticket (http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21391) and there
don't seem to be any hints for devs whose stuff this breaks.

I'm ploughing into it now, just wondered if anyone else was ahead of
me! I'm guessing the new approach will be even easier to hook into
(using standard meta boxes) - but does legacy support just involve
leaving attachment_fields_to_edit stuff in place?

Cheers,

Steve Taylor