[wp-hackers] wpdb Outside of WordPress

CloudPress Hosting cloudpresshosting at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 20:04:17 UTC 2012

I have a non WordPress project where I do need to connect to a mysql
database. I am so used to the wpdb syntax and it is so much easier than
using just the native php functions I want to use it outside of WordPress.
I know it is based on ezSQL but sadly I don't see any prepare method in
that that wpdb has.

So I was just going to re-purpose wpdb for non WordPress use which would
include removing all the WordPress specific stuff from it and just thought
I'd see if someone already has done this.