[wp-hackers] Front end file handling

Tom Barrett tcbarrett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:00:18 UTC 2012

This is the hook that is currently failing:

add_action( 'post_post_update', 'tcb_snoop_post_submission', 10 );
function tcb_snoop_post_submission( $postarr ){
  //
http://www.example.com/wp-content/uploads/supplier-pics/ahgajhvbjhb345345/mypic1.png
  $picurl = $postarr['supplier_picture'];

  require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/includes/file.php');
  require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/includes/media.php');
  $attach_id = media_sideload_image( $picurl, $postarr['ID'] );  // silent
fail

  update_post_meta( $postarr['ID'], 'supplier_picture', $attach_id );
}