[wp-hackers] Should password hashing portability be configurable?

Kevinjohn Gallagher kevinjohngallagher at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:30:52 UTC 2012

Aren't we on PHP5.4.8 ?

At the very least we're on PHP5.4.4, as it came out the same day as WP3.4.And as we're always being told, there's no reason to not upgrade to the latest version of [insert software].  So everyone who's on 3.4 is also on PHP5.4.4. Riiight? ;-)

That said, I'm very much in favour of a conversation about choosing different - and/or additional - security/hashing functionality.
Thanks,Kevinjohn