[wp-hackers] Duplicating the admin menu builder functionality

Tom Barrett tcbarrett at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:36:18 UTC 2012

I come across various scenarios where I would like to build an admin screen
that groups a set of (custom post type) posts that can be ordered.

To give a silly, trivial example: You have a bunch of books, and want them
in the following groups:
 - In my library, sorted alphabetically
 - Books I have read, sorted by date read
 - Restricted access e-books, sorted by expiry date

It seems to me that the menu builder functionality is perfect for this. It
has all the set creation as well as drag and drop ordering. However, I
can't present it to the site-admin like that. They simply will not
understand.

So ... is there a way to grab all that menu goodness, rebadge it with
'Library', add some auto-sorting (and restrict it to a single post type)?

Tom

--
http://www.tcbarrett.com | http://gplus.to/tcbarrett |
http://twitter.com/tcbarrett