[wp-hackers] output buffering in general and wordpress

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Thu May 3 08:34:02 UTC 2012

As WordPress does not use Sessions to control the logged in state, it
makes no difference. If enabled, WordPress will simply ignore it, If
disabled, WordPress will simply, well, ignore it.

A plugin, or theme, can safely enable Session support by calling
session_start(); on an appropriate hook (ie. before the template is
output, early on init would probably be best).