[wp-hackers] Force a new ABSPATH when moving WordPress?

mickey panayiotakis mickey at infamia.com
Sat Mar 24 22:49:18 UTC 2012

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 4:41 AM, Kokarn <kokarn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There is a great project on GitHub that have been working in that
> > direction.
> >
> > https://github.com/Ascerta/Wordpress-DB-clone

This uses a slightly modified version of David Coveney's "search and
replace" script, which I use quite regularly and has never let me down. (
http://interconnectit.com/124/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/).
 I also have  used development sites that match the character length
as
the live site (e.g. "dev.example.com" and "www.example.com") and doing a
straight search and replace.  Although this is not guarantee to not f*** up
serialized data, I have had a lot of success with it as well.

The Ascerta script seems pretty straightforward. (Except it seems to not be
doing much with $SOURCEHOST and $DESTINATIONHOST; you can add the -h option
to the mysql and mysqldump commandd if not using localhost.)

Mickey Panayiotakis
Managing Partner
800.270.5170 x512
<http://www.infamia.com>