[wp-hackers] last_updated blogs?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:38:32 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Mattia <zupolgec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking in the source code of WP I found that last_updated field for blogs
> is updated on
> blog details change
> post publish
> post change
> post delete

Thanks you Mattia! I really appreciate your help.

I hate to admit it, but I did not even think to look at the source
code. Sorry about that. :(

Question: What steps did you take to learn that last_updated field
changed for "blog details change", "post publish", "post change" and
"post delete"?

Looking at the source code, I found "wpmu_update_blogs_date()" here:

<http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-includes/ms-blogs.php>

I see that it's used in "_update_blog_date_on_post_publish()" and I
have yet to find other functions.

Is this where you started?

Sorry if silly question, I am just trying to learn how the power users
search the WP source code. :)

[rant]

Whenever I try to search the source code (using the provided search
box) I don't get "code" results:

<http://core.trac.wordpress.org/search?q=wpmu_update_blogs_date>

Is there an online tool that will search just the source code?

Do most people just grep the WP source on their servers?

[/rant]

Thanks again Mattia, I really appreciate the pro help! :)

Have an awesome day.

Cheers,
Micky