[wp-hackers] newbie question on custom page templates

Ian Douglas ian at powerfoundation.org
Mon Mar 12 11:26:30 UTC 2012

Thanks Mike.

The theme I'm using also serves category pages, but they're lame. Just lists of posts. Doesn't look professional or interesting at all. The tech people who made that theme suggested developing custom page templates.

Again, it surprises me that people don't see ready-made templates for custom pages.

On your other suggestion, am I alone in thinking that the support forums at wordpress.org are more or less dead? When I've posted there in the recent past I got virtually no replies.

Thanks again,
JB