[wp-hackers] Percona Server and WordPress

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Fri Mar 9 20:53:54 UTC 2012

"Drizzle is optimized for massively concurrent environments. If we have
the choice of improving performance for 1024 simultaneous connections to
the detriment of performance with only 64 connections, we will take that
choice."

Interesting. Definitely not a drop in replacement and yet "forked from
the (now defunct) MySQL 6.0 tree in 2008".

It's been interesting reading about MariaDB. I found this link
http://vbtechsupport.com/657/ ( and http://vbtechsupport.com/606/ ) with
performance comparisons for MySQL, MariaDB and Percona.

Also in the comments it stated:
"MariaDB 5.2.x’s Innodb storage engine uses Percona XtraDB’s version of
InnoDB so MariaDB InnoDB = Percona XtraDB. Hence, the nice boost in
performance for innodb storage engine for MariaDB 5.2.x"

Brian Layman