[wp-hackers] Using Live Database with Development environment

Andrew Spratley aspratley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 12:17:00 UTC 2012

If anyone's interested I've knocked together a very simple script to
do a DB dump and restore and search and replace so it's relatively
easy to sync a live DB to a dev environment.

https://github.com/Ascerta/Wordpress-DB-clone

****N.B I haven't widely tested this and it's still very much a work
in progress, use at your own risk.

This is just for DB syncing, you will need to handle the file sync yourself.