[wp-hackers] Disabling Tools->Export

Harry Metcalfe harry at dxw.com
Wed Jun 27 11:47:10 UTC 2012

Hello,

We've found that some of our corporate clients have concerns about the
ability for their staff to mass-export data from the WP backend.

I realise we can (and have) removed the administrator role's capability
to do that, but I wondered if it might be useful to add a constant that
disables it? There's a bit of concern that a plugin could re-add the
capability without us noticing. Something that works like
DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT would be more robust.

Very happy to submit a patch if people think it's a good idea.

Harry