[wp-hackers] Handling the featured tags

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:10:26 UTC 2012

3 questions:

Would you have crafted a different solution for a high traffic, a very
high traffic site?

What would be the greatest harm of tapping into the post_date_gmt of
the wp_posts? I incline towards the GMT field ( as opposed to using
custom fields ) strictly for performance reasons. Again, if the site
gets 1 query a day, who cares? But what if the site gets 100000 page
views a day.

Where  do GMT stuff gets used really? Can I just say heck with it and
use that instead?