[wp-hackers] What would strip $_POST before 'init' runs?

Gavin Pearce Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com
Sun Jun 3 12:48:38 UTC 2012

> The FireBug net tab is helpful, thanks for pointing my in that
direction.
> The problem I am chasing seems to be a 403 Forbidden error which I
can't figure out the source of.  This one has me  stumped.

Is the 403 returned when WordPress receives the POST data? What data are
you posting?

Do the usual trick of disabling all plugins one-by-one, and switching to
the default theme first.

If it doesn't help - certain $_POST keys trigger different behaviours in
WordPress. $_POST['name'] is one of them, though will usually give you a
404 rather than a 403. Try prefixing all POST data with the name of your
plugin. $_POST['pluginname_name'], $_POST['pluginname_email'] etc. Any
luck?

Failing that, make sure you check your .htaccess file and virtual host
to check you haven't got any strange configurations in there.

Give a shout if none of the above helps.