[wp-hackers] What would strip $_POST before 'init' runs?

Gavin Pearce Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com
Sat Jun 2 17:25:28 UTC 2012

In Firefox you can use the Net tab in Firebug to view page requests.
(Live HTTP headers will provide some more detail also. Chrome's
developer toolbar has a similar 'Network' feature.)

If it is redirecting, you should see your original POST to the server,
the server responding with a 302/301, and then your browser making a
request to another page. Remember to press the Persist button (next to
Clear), otherwise it's going to reset the tab when the redirect happens.

Looking at where it's redirecting you to/from might give you a clue -
but either way, yes, run through your plugins one by one to narrow it
down. If a redirect is happening that's why your POST data is clearing,
though could also be a plugin simply unsetting $_POST ...