[wp-hackers] safely deleting custom fields and terms that contain specific strings

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:15:20 UTC 2012

I've got some programmatically created terms and custom fields.

My terms (regardless of the taxonomies they belong to ) always have
the string in their description fields in the wp_term_taxonomy table.

And similarly, all the custom fields that I created has the -blp-
someewhere in their fieldnames.

They are in thousands.

How do I delete them safely so that the terms and custom fields ( that
have been created manually or some other processes ) are not touched.

Of course when I delete a term, the relationship in between the
post_id and taxonomy_term_id should be deleted as well.

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/53897/safely-deleting-custom-fields-and-terms-that-contain-specific-strings