[wp-hackers] Header image in WordPress plugin repository

Yanislav Iliev yani.iliev at cspath.com
Tue Jul 31 23:50:19 UTC 2012

On Aug 1, 2012, at 2:41 AM, Mike Schinkel wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2012, at 6:57 PM, Yanislav Iliev wrote:
>> How long does it usually take for a new header image to appear on WordPress plugin repository?
>> I am talking about the banner-772x250 image located in assets folder.
>
> Should be pretty quick.
>
> Did you put into an assets directory on peer with trunk, or inside trunk?  It needs to be outside of your plugin and at same level as trunk, not part of the plugin. I was reminded of this over the weekend when I updated a plugin that someone else on our team wrote.  HTH.
>
> -Mike

Thanks Mike!

It's really a strange issue.
When I access the header image directly: http://s-plugins.wordpress.org/all-in-one-event-calendar/assets/banner-772x250.jpg
it displays the old logo - (thenly) - it cannot be local cache as I've tried it on a fresh EC2 instance (wget url) and on a couple local computers - the result is always the same
The interesting part is that when I checkout the repository: svn co http://s-plugins.wordpress.org/all-in-one-event-calendar/assets/
the image in that repository is the new logo?
Very strange :) - the only explanation that I have is that it is some sort of a web cacher like varnish that is caching the logo on s-plugins.wordpress.org:80

My repository structure is:
/
/assets/banner-772x250.jpg
/branches/
/tags/
/trunk/

Thank you for spending your time on this!
-Yani