[wp-hackers] Why WP_Error Sucks

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Tue Jul 24 13:23:06 UTC 2012

William P. Davis wrote:
> PHP5 is required in recent versions of WordPress, so I would agree that WP_Error should use exceptions. I would urge you to submit a patch to Trac.

I didn't mention it in the post, but this has been previously discussed:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16769

The idea of this post was to get the idea out there, see if there's any
good points against implementing it, and then to begin that process.
I'll happily contribute a patch, but at the moment, I don't see it as a
possibility.

I'd love to hear from core committers/contributors on what they'd think
about it.

--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>