[wp-hackers] Author URLs expose usernames

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 22:52:00 UTC 2012

On 18 July 2012 23:25, אלמוג בקו <almog.baku at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, I know the both of wp caching plugins.. And again- take a quick look
> about drupal caching..
> But I suggest totake this conversation to another theated, because it
> became to discuss about caching istead of url stracture.

Indeed, but one last point on caching just to wrap it up. WordPress
does not include persistent caching by design. It used to include
persistent object caching, but it was removed way back in version 2.5
[1]. The reason for this is because there are simply too many possible
ways of caching a website that it's not practical to try to do it in
core.

There are over a thousand plugins tagged with "cache" in the plugins
repo [2], which demonstrates the breadth of caching that's possible.
Plugins are the ideal way to add caching to a site and WordPress has a
powerful object cache API for just this purpose.

[1] http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5570
[2] http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=cache
[3] http://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Object_Cache