[wp-hackers] Custom post types and wp_get_archives

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:26:30 UTC 2012

Hi Lionel, All,

I have created the custom post type and its all working and so on, but I
would like people to be able to view an archive list of the last month
and so on, just like they can with my normal blog posts.

The archive themselves do work, but I have no way for my visitors to
find them ? Because am unsure how to get them into the archives list on
the sidebar, this is what I require help with.

For example my blog posts archive shows as :-

July 2012
June 2012
January 2012

but clicking on those links it shows only the blog post archives, I
would either like to get my custom post types to affect that list, i.e.
if there are no blog posts for say December 2011, but there are custom
post types for this month, I would like there to be a link for it, but
it seems this is not possible as wp_get_archives doesn't support the
post-type parameter.

So I am wondering how I would be able to do a list similar to the blog
posts one that would display months, years archive links for my custom
post types.