[wp-hackers] GitHub + plugins.svn.wordpress.org

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Mon Jul 2 12:57:50 UTC 2012

În data de Mon, 02 Jul 2012 14:04:19 +0300, Steve Taylor
<steve at sltaylor.co.uk> a scris:

> Thanks for the link Stas, but apart from editing .git/config, it looks
> like the same method as Boone Gorges' (the link I posted).
>
> Any thoughts on starting the process when you already have working
> GitHub & wordpress.org SVN repos?

This might be a dumb question, but...
Did you even try the method with direct file editing?

To explain myself, `git svn` depends a lot on the entries in your
`svn-remote` config file.
I'm managing BuddyPress Courseware project that lives on github, and was
able to handle (at some point) 3 svn mirrors (and 2 git remotes), using
`svn-remote` entries in my config file without having an issue along last
~2 years.

Also the tutorial above has the purpose of digging into the `git-svn`
config file, this way offering a chance of ignoring `git-svn` command
magic, that from my experience broke a lot of projects for a lot of people.

Cheers.