[wp-hackers] Plupload, WP 3.3 and client-side resizing

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Tue Jan 31 15:06:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Manuel Schmalstieg <webdev at ms-studio.net>wrote:

> I was really hoping that Plupload would provide some way of detecting
> such a large image, before WP even attempts to downsize it.

Have you tried looking for a plugin that sets a maximum upload size? I know
that PHP can set limits on the biggest file you can upload, so you could
use that as a way of stopping users from uploading enormous photos, though
you'd also be blocking uploads of other filetypes that actually need large
file sizes. If you can control the server configuration then you can
definitely set maximum upload size directly in the PHP ini files.

--
Jeremy Clarke • jeremyclarke.org
Code and Design • globalvoicesonline.org