[wp-hackers] AWE

Braydon ronin at braydon.com
Tue Jan 31 03:40:48 UTC 2012

Hello,

Wanted to post an update to the first post made on October 3rd, 2011
here on this list, thanks to for the prior feedback. Many of the
previous plans have been changed, and now entirely exists, for the most
part, in the WordPress admin interface. Here is a video demo:
http://freedomofsoftware.org/2012/01/awe-0-3-5/

WordPress Plugin Directory:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/awe/

Updates for version 0.1 to 0.3.5 (
http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/log/awe/ ), from latest to oldest:
- added link to demo video
- php-cli nolonger required to retrieve posts
- added buttons to reader for more options
- use same sanitizer fetch_feed for adding sources as retrieving to
remove ...
- php cli fix for differing hosting setups
- fix for widget styles
- files for reblog button
- retrieve updates when adding a source and display message if retrieve
can ...
- streamlined subscription to websites
- changed to use custom taxonomy instead of global category terms so
that ...
- fix so that multiple wpcron tasks are not scheduled
- prevent the feed reader from running simultaneously
- add missing screenshot
- removed message about template directory
- moved to use default wordpress theme instead of custom urls/templates
and ...
- added error reporting, prevent posts without a date being read, and
fixed ...
- since many feeds do not provide an image, avatars have been removed
- fix for control chars breaking fetch_feed
- fix for duplicate posts in reader
- fix so that other xml content types don't trigger a non-xml error, fix
for ...
- updated description and screenshots
- moved pending/reader to admin area
- removed cache, fixed login redirect error, fixed issues with strings
being ...
- cache directory uses ABSPATH and fix for slug validation
- added cli, repost, and sources for promoting other blog posts
- added repost post_type, sources features for reading remote posts, and
cli ...
- initial urls and templates, updated readme and phases/plan based on ...
- fixed routing interface dropdowns

SVN:
http://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/awe/trunk/

Mailing List: