[wp-hackers] Unit Testing

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Fri Jan 27 11:42:46 UTC 2012

În data de Fri, 27 Jan 2012 04:11:15 +0200, Ryan McCue
<lists at rotorised.com> a scris:

> Stas Sușcov wrote:
>> My point is that GSoC is not and should never be used for the scope of
>> writing tests and only that.
>>
>> In fact, I doubt that its a good idea to advertise yourself on
>> wp-hackers as only being able to write tests, which leaves the
>> impression that you are not able to produce anything else but test
>> others code.
>
> I disagree. Tests are an extremely valuable component of all projects
> and are equally as deserving of attention as any other code (if not
> moreso).

I'm sorry, but once again, I don't recall myself or anyone here, denying
the value of the tests.

Anyway, it's good to see the problem of code QA (and not only the tests
coverage) raised, but until .org team have an official position, it's just
us ranting this subject.