[wp-hackers] Shorthand: Appearance/switching themes?

Tom Barrett tcbarrett at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 10:48:25 UTC 2012

On 7 January 2012 02:12, Jane Wells <jane at automattic.com> wrote:

> On 1/6/12 8:42 PM, Lee Rickler wrote:
>
>> once I deliver a theme to a client the last thing I want is for them to
>> be able to start adding new themes.
>> Kind of defeats my purpose.
>>
> To be blunt, who cares what you as a vendor want?

To be blunt, that comes across as opinionated. One should care about the
vendor too. Feels like I'm stepping into an old argument here?

Lee, adding new themes in itself is not something you'll ultimately be able
to stop anyone from doing. There are plenty of WordPress hosts and themes
out there for your clients to go to. It seems to me that you know this and
that there is some inherent issue with theme switching that has given you
bad experience in the past? Is this not the very opportunity to explore
improving it?

--
http://www.tcbarrett.com | http://gplus.to/tcbarrett |
http://twitter.com/tcbarrett