[wp-hackers] Disable/ Stop "auto-draft" posts

Jeff Lambert jeff.lambert at jvhm.com
Tue Feb 28 16:50:37 UTC 2012

Otto,

Appreciate the input on how drafts are cleaned up.  7 days seems like a long
time for an auto save draft to live but it's good to know this and that
cleaning does occur.

As for having to create the post to get the PostID, why not just generate a
PostID, put it into the Post form and then use it when the author saves the
Post, as opposed to actually saving the Post first?  I'm assuming there is a
downside somewhere but it would remove the need to have auto drafts (for
this purpose), remove the need to clean and remove some DB/comm overhead.

Cheers,

Jeff