[wp-hackers] Learning WordPress and Getting Support

Drew xoodrew at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 22:38:02 UTC 2012

Daniel,

When I started several years ago, I found one of the easiest ways to learn
"the WordPress way" was to help other people in the support forums. I know,
it sounds kinda dumb, learn WordPress by helping people learn WordPress ...
but it works. Usually the biggest problem when getting into something like
WordPress is not knowing which questions to ask. And that's the beauty of
answering support questions in #wordpress (IRC) or in the support forums –
other people ask the questions, you find the answers. And as somebody else
mentioned, the place to *find* the answers is http://codex.wordpress.org .
Answer some questions and read other people's answers it's a great way to
learn.

Drew