[wp-hackers] Searching for themes by name

David Anderson david at wordshell.net
Sat Dec 8 06:00:18 UTC 2012

On WP Planet, I noticed two interesting-looking new themes - Poloray and
Noteworthy.

I went into my test WP installation, and searched for them by name. "No
themes match your request". My options to search are by Tag, Author,
Keyword. Neither Tag nor Keyword appear to allow to search by name.

Is this just the authors making a mistake by not putting their theme
name as a tag? Is it documented somewhere that that is compulsory? Or am
I missing something (am I the first person to try searching for a theme
by name???) Is not being able to search for a theme by name a feature or
a bug - should I file it?

David

--
WordShell - WordPress fast from the CLI - www.wordshell.net