[wp-hackers] Are depreciated items ever removed from core

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu Dec 6 10:07:38 UTC 2012

> The only concern with leaving it where the end user can access it is being
> accidentally deleted i don't know why anyone would want our need to effort
> it delete it from their own plugin code.

My reply [1] said nothing about leaving it where you think the end user can
access it. It instead covered two things:
 1. A solution to your problem as you described it.
 2. Why your problem does not allow for a secure solution.

[1]
http://lists.automattic.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2012-December/044903.html