[wp-hackers] Can't seem to override more link

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 20:34:02 UTC 2012

Hi Mike, thanks so much for the quick reply and pro help, I really
appreciate it. :)

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Mike Little <wordpress at zed1.com> wrote:
> The filter for the '(more...)' link created by the use of the <!--more-->
> tag is 'the_content_more_link'.  Internally, the part of a post before the

Ah, I see now. Thank you for the clarification. I knew it had to be
something simple.

> <!--more--> tag is called the teaser (and this leads to a flag in the code
> called $stripteaser which always amuses me), it has nothing to do with
> excerpts.

Hehe, that is amusing now that you point it out.

> The filters for the excerpt are a different set: 'excerpt_more' - used on
> auto generated excerpts, and 'get_the_excerpt' used on manually created
> excerpts.

Great! Now you've got me headed in the right direction. Much appreciated.

> Is that not enough pseudo name spacing for you?

You're right. That is definitely good enough. I'll leave things be. :)

Thank you again for your advice/tips/feedback! It's been very helpful.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,