[wp-hackers] Assigning Custom List Type to Custom Post Type (removing filter by post date)

Tom Barrett tcbarrett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 14:56:14 UTC 2012

I have a custom post type where the 'filter by post date' does not make
sense. Posts by default use WP_List_Table which calls extra_tablenav() from
display_tablenav() without any filters (that I can see) to stop this
behaviour.

Would it be possible to extend the class to rework display_tablenav() and
the make WP use that list table instead? If so, where do I start this?

Ideally I'd be able to add some headers in there as well as remove the date
filter.

Initially posted on forums:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/assign-custom-list-type-to-custom-post-type?replies=1

--