[wp-hackers] wp-hackers Digest, Vol 91, Issue 29

Anca Mosoiu anca at anca.tv
Wed Aug 15 15:21:31 UTC 2012

Hi Diana and Dwain,

Dwain's suggestion is how I've been doing it - speakers (or "people") are a custom
post type, as are events (and other things).

The posts2posts plugin is great for connecting them but you do need to know a
bit of PHP to pull this off.

I'm using WPAlchemy (http://www.farinspace.com/wpalchemy-metabox/)
to create custom metaboxes on the editor screen for people and events,
which simplifies the process of editing the custom fields.

Feel free to send me a personal message if you want to learn more.

Here's an example of people and events in use:

https://heydaybooks.com/event/reading-from-lunch-bucket-paradise/
(This is an online bookstore where, if you click on the author's name, you
go to see what books they've written, and can then purchase them, as
well as the events they've spoken at)

Feel free to contact me off-list if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,

Anca.