[wp-hackers] "Dealing with people" taxonomies, users or links?!

Dwain Maralack dwain.maralack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 06:33:06 UTC 2012

Hi Diana

Ideally you'd want to link the two data types in some way.

The way I see it is that speakers will not need to add content to the
website or administrate it. Therefore creating a custom post type for the
speakers will be a better option as you'll be able to add ass much
information and fields to the speaker custom post type as you like.

Then use the http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/posts-to-posts/ plugin to
link the two CPT's.

Some more information can be found here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3705882/linking-custom-post-types-in-wordpress

Regards
Dwain