[wp-hackers] Issue with Custom Post Type Archive and custom search form

Becky Resler becky.absolute at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:22:42 UTC 2012

I ended up figuring it out and thought I'd share in case anyone else is
having the same issue.

I was already hooking into the "single_template" and "archive_template"
filters to get WordPress to use my custom templates with my plugin for
the single page and archive pages. That was working just fine.

I am now also hooking into the "template_include" filter (which is run
after the other two) and checking if the page being displayed is for my
custom post type AND if my custom search is being done [by checking for
a hidden value I added to my custom search form]. If both are true, I'm
telling WordPress to use my custom post archive template. That worked. :)

The other queries are working just fine for everything else on the site.

Becky

<http://www.absolutemg.com>