[wp-hackers] ordering the cats in a particular order

Alex Rayan alexrayan69 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:35:34 UTC 2012

Hi Haluk,

I always used array unset to unset the objects I want to switch, then
append them back to an array and use ksort on it.
Example (switch finance and metals categories):

$categories = get_categories($args);
$finance = $categories[1];
unset($categories[1]);
$metals = $categories[4];
unset($categories[4]);
$categories[1]=$metals;
$categories[4]=$finance;
ksort($categories);

But maybe someone knows a more efficient way of doing it in WP.

Regards,
Alex