[wp-hackers] AKISMET is locking me out of the wp.org forums

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Tue Apr 10 14:35:00 UTC 2012

A variety of things can flip the moderation bit. Manually it happens if you tick people off ;) I took the liberty of a search and found that this happens to you, in particular, about every 6-8 months, so I could only speculate that your .ru email, which is sadly abused by your countrymen, is at fault. The other common cause is when you post too much too fast, or a LOT of code.

You don't have to alert the mods, though, or even email anyone. We really do go through this when we see someone being caught and we really will fix it. (The last couple times, you emailed the forums list directly, so I don't know why you forgot this in the intervening time, or that this has happened to you before, and as we told you the last three times, we will, and DO, fix it. So ... Y'know, it's not a big deal. Happens to everyone.)