[wp-hackers] Terms Meta / Best way to implement

Robert Lusby nanogwp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:35:55 UTC 2012

Hello,

Interested in what people feel is the best way to implement a certain
data/post set.

I have a custom post type, let's call them Businesses, that are all
categorised into Location.

Now - if Location was 'simple', eg just name, I'd create it as Taxonomy,
and assign the relevant location in each Business custom post. However
each Location will have it's own page with lots of additional
information, including featured image, description, co-ordinates etc ...
which almost makes me thing this should be "another" custom post type.

However that then brings the question of how to assign Businesses to
Locations ...

I'd imagine a URL structure similar to:
/london
/london/business-name

With no Taxonomy Meta in core, how are people tackling this?

Do you suggest I implement Taxonomy Meta or use another Custom Post Type
and some clever assigning?

Thanks,
Rob