[wp-hackers] $wpdb: columns with digit names

David Gard dgard at dynedrewett.com
Thu Apr 5 08:35:06 UTC 2012

First off, for the query, try this code. WP will prepare it correctly for a MySQL query then -

$query = "SELECT * FROM "{DBNAME}" WHERE id = '{$target}'";
print_r( $wpdb->get_row( $wpdb->prepare( $query, ARRAY_A ) ) );

As for the missing columns - a quick search shows that the problem is common, with the solution seeming to be 'change column names to not start with numbers'. Not ideal, but maybe the only option.

Any way, my be worth outputting any errors after the query above to see if you can get some more information from $wpdb -

$wpdb->show_errors();
echo '<pre>$wpdb->last_query: '; print_r($wpdb->last_query); echo '</pre>';
echo '<pre>$wpdb->last_error: '; print_r($wpdb->last_error); echo '</pre>';

If you don't get any information then you know for sure that it is not a query error, so explore the MySQL bug route. If you do get an error, then hopefully it will lead you to an answer.